Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thank You...

As I have now arrived here in Ghana and just begun to get my feet under me, I would be amiss if I did not thank some very important and key people. There have been a number of people that have helped me get to this point and I am sure that I will continue to call on many of them in the future. Thank you to SHG for the opportunity to be able to do this. I know I asked many people in my department and the school to go above and beyond and all of them came through with great character. Theresa Duffin and her family were especially helpful in easing the transition for, and opening their home to, Mrs. Kpobi. Thank you to the Social Studies Department for doing everything they can in welcoming a new department member. And thank you to Sister Margaret Joanne and Sister Katherine for there work and support behind the scenes in making such an experience possible. To Sister Phillip, thanks for helping in whatever ways you have been. Also, thank you to the Rotary Club of Springfield and their generous donation to help make this Fulbright year as rewarding and successful as possible in the eyes of not only myself, but the students here as well. Susan Gustavson of Whitney Young School in Chicago has been a wealth of information and advice that has already been worth its weight in gold; thank you and have a great school year. Last, but certainly, not least, thank you, thank you, thank you to my family and Stacey who have all gone out of their way to help me in whatever way possible. You have been there for the last few months, were an enormous help in the days immediately prior to departure, and I am sure that you will be of indescribable help in the year to come (at least I hope). To all of you, any many others I am sure I have failed to mention, I offer you my sincerest thank you.

No comments: