Monday, September 15, 2008

Boti Falls...

On Saturday I also did a bit of traveling through Ghana with one of the other Fulbrighters and one of her coworkers to Boti Falls (probably the most beautiful waterfall I have ever seen in my life). There was a little shrine there as well that was for traditional African gods and it was super cool to see that and to just think about religion and nature and different peoples views and how they worship and celebrate. While there, I said a prayer of thanks. (How many Americans in their lifetime have been able to pray before a traditional African shrine in front of a gorgeous waterfall in Africa…a truly blessed experience.) We then went to a little village where we put on traditional funeral attire and went to pay our respects to an Aunt of the Ghanaian we were with whom had just lost a son. It was quite an experience as well. Then we checked out the Aburi Botanical Gardens which were ok, pretty, but not awe-inspiring. I did notice that a lot of plants that are here, are in the states, more specifically, my house! Moses and the bulrush, wandering Jew, philodendron, ficus, and Norfolk pine, a neat thing to see.

No comments: