Monday, April 6, 2009

Mali...

Just a quick note: I am leaving in about 7 minutes to go to Mali for the next 2-3 weeks so I will be out of touch for a little while. The last few days I have been very busy getting visas and making travel arrangements (plus grading exams). However, this is the game plan: 12 hour bus to northern Ghana where I will spend the night, then a bus to Burkina Faso (Bobo), spend a night in Bobo, then off to Bamako, the capital of Mali. Once in Bamako, I will try and find a boat down (north) the Niger River to Timbuktu. A few days in Timbuktu, a brief excursion into the Sahara, then a horse or camel trek down into Dogone country, Mali. After spending a few nights in the Sahel, try and find some type of transport back to Burkina and then back down in Ghana. I am leaving today with another one of the Fulbrighters and hoping to meet up with a couple of Brits in Burkina.

I am sure that it will be a whirlwind trip, but it will be fun as well. I will be sure to post when I return.

No comments: