Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mali Photos Two...

These two women were outside of the Mosque in Bobo, the one on the left wanted me to take her picture, the one on the right had absolutley no interest in having her picture taken. I gave both of them a small coin and asked again. She still said no. I gave here another small coin, she said no. I gave her one more small coin. No. She ended up allowing me to take this picture, but I think that she pretty much outsmarted me.
One day on the boat down the Niger, we randomly stopped and picked up this women and her baby. Her head dress and jewelry were beautiful and traditional of Malian society. The orangish-yellowish larger beads are amber.
This women was also outside of the Mosque in bobo and was estatic to have her picture taken. I am not sure if she could see me or not, but she just laughed and laughed and laughed.
These were twin girls outside of the mosque in Bobo and were just about as cute as can be. They did not really know what was going on and why some white people were making them stand in a spot to take a picture of them.
This is a hand made sailboat floating up the Niger River. I am pretty sure that the sail itself is made from old flour bags that have been stitched together. These boats are really something to see on the river. The river and the surrounding landscape is so flat that the bulbous sails stand out very proudly against everything else.





No comments: