Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mali Photos Six...

These are a group of kids that we met on the Niger when we stopped to take on more sacks of Millet. They were all full of energy and slowly creptup to the boat asking for "cada" (money). I told them that did not have any money but gave them candy, which to them, as kids, is probably more valuable.

The same group of kids on the Niger. We played a game that I would put my hand out and they would try to give me five quickly if they were too slow I would grab onto their hand pull them out of the water and throw them back in. They loverd it. I loved it.

Galicka and I eating mangos. Mangos grow wild in West Africa so they are all over the place and just as I left on the trip they started to ripen. For three weeks I ate at least a mango or two each day. The sweetest and most delicious mangos I have ever eaten.

Galicka and Andrea, best friends. Everything that Andera did Galicka was interested in. From drawing to reading to eating.
Mousha cooking dinner. He cooked everything so that it was edible but the animal fat and the Niger river water that he used in cooking started to get to me after a few days. I cooked with him once, but just could not stomach it enough to do it again.





No comments: